So you already made a few Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid recipes. But have you ever tried donuts?
When it comes to Donuts, You could never resist! So here’s the recipe of soft, sweet, and low carbs Donuts for you.
The Instant Pot Donuts Recipe is an instant solution for your snacks time and getting late to work breakfast. Just make it, store it and enjoy!
Why This Recipe Works
The Instant Pot Donuts Recipe will let you have moist and sweet Donuts cooked in a single pot just at your home. This recipe of Instant Pot Donuts makes a good choice for your breakfast, snack time, and dessert containing low carbs.
It’s a kid-friendly recipe that can be easily made and stored.
- Nut Mega – Gives flavor to your Donuts. You can replace it with cinnamon powder or lemon zest, depending on the flavor you want in your Donuts.
- Milk – Lukewarm would be preferable.
- Yeast – The star ingredient of the recipe. Makes your dough rise to double.
- Sugar – To make your Donuts taste sweet. You can lower the quantity if you are not a sweet tooth person.
- Egg – One of the main ingredients for your Donuts obviously!
- Vanilla Extract – This is a lifesaver ingredient. Let your Donut not smell like an egg yolk after a day or two and enhance the flavour. You can use vanilla essence instead of it.
- Butter – Makes your Donuts soft and moist!
- Flour – The main ingredient of Donuts. You can use some more or less depending on your dough consistency.
How to make
Gather the necessary ingredients as per the recipe card.
Crush ¼ teaspoon of Nutmeg and set aside.
Take a separate bowl and add 1 cup of warm milk.
Add 1 teaspoon of yeast.
Add ½ cup sugar and whisk well.
Gradually add 2 eggs.
Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Add ½ teaspoon of salt.
Add ¼ teaspoon of crushed nutmeg.
Add 6 teaspoons of butter and ½ cup of all-purpose flour.
Mix it until well combined and form a soft dough.
Cover the bowl with a fine piece of cloth and set it aside for 1 and ½ hours.
Once the dough has raised, Sprinkle some Flour on it.
Give it a good round shape with the rolling pin. With the help of Donuts cutter give it a Donut shape. This will make 12-13 Donuts.
Set an Air Fryer basket in an Instant Pot and place a batch of 3-4 Donuts in it.
Air Fry them for 6 minutes at 320F. Then remove the lid and allow them a quick release.
Dish out your Donuts. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on them or have them with a frosting of your choice!
How to serve
You can serve Donuts with chocolate glazing and sprinkles on top. Or with a frosting of your choice!
Maple syrup or honey with Donuts can also be a good combination if you want to keep it simple.
What else can I add to my recipe?
You can add sweet or sour cream inside your Donuts to make them more mouth-watering. Or any flavored custard of your choice.
Can I store it and reheat it?
Yes! you can, as Donuts are considered a good choice because of their storage capability. you can store them in the fridge in an air-tight container for more than 2-3 weeks. There’s no need to reheat them.
Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
Instant Pot Lava Cake
Instant Pot Cinnamon Rolls
Instant Pot Sugar Cookies
Instant Pot Japanese Cheesecake
Instant Pot Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Cookies
Instant Pot French Toast
Instant Pot Banana Chips
Instant Pot Fried Apples
First crush ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg and set aside.
Take a bowl and add one cup of warm milk to it.
Add a teaspoon of dry yeast and ½ cup of sugar in warm milk and whisk it well.
Gradually add 2 eggs in it.
Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract , ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of crushed nutmeg in it.
Add 6 teaspoons of butter in it.
Add 1 cup of all-purpose flour in it and mix it well until it forms a soft dough.
Cover the bowl with fine piece of cloth and let it rest for 1 and ½ hours.
Now take the dough, sprinkle some flour on it and give it a good round shape with the help of rolling pin.
Use donut cutter to give it a donut shape. This will make 12-13 donuts.
Set air fryer basket in the instant pot and place a batch of 3-4 donuts in it and cover the lid.
Set a temperature on 320F and air fry them for 6 minutes.
Remove the lid and allow them a quick release.
Dish out your donuts. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on them for a good sweet taste and enjoy!
Calories: 1385kcal Carbohydrates: 213g Protein: 37g Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 23g Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g Monnounsaturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 416mg Sodium: 1617mg Potassium: 709mg Fiber: 7g Sugar: 113g Vitamin A: 1621IU Vitamin C: 1mg Calcium: 358mg Iron: 8mg
- You can add some more flour to the batter if you find the dough very gooey. This could be because of the difference in ingredients’ intensity to absorb.
- If you want more raised Donuts, keep them aside for 10-15 minutes covered with a cloth after cutting into shapes. they will double in size. Then cook them in batches in an instant pot.
- You can use vanilla essence instead of vanilla extract. Depends on your own choice.
Welcome to my kitchen! I am Corrie, the blogger behind Corrie Cooks. I run this blog with my wife since 2017, so you can enjoy quick, easy and delicious Instant Pot recipes. Thank you for stopping by 🙂